Movement Almost Finished

I was able to run by the hobby shop after church today to pick up more servo mounting screws, and I was able to get the last of the servos mounted on the backplane.
I also was able to complete the nested shafts for the hands of the clock. I had 5 sizes of brass tubing that all nested nicely into each other, but all my gears have 1/4" holes. I had to cut small spacers of each of the necessary sizes to make the small diameter shafts fit snugly with each drive gear. Here's a picture of the finished hand shafts:
I used 5 min epoxy to glue the brass tubing together. I know that most glues won't work on metal (it's non-porous). Epoxy should do the trick. It's not like any part of this clock requires lots of torque or has lots of pressure on it.
I was able to attach the brass drive shafts to the servos by expanding the tubing slightly and pressing them onto the plastic shaft of the servo. So far, it's holding well and aligns perfectly.
Here are some more pics of the finished mechanism:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V-22 Osprey Project - Flight Control

V-22 Osprey Project - Design Changes for v3

V-22 Osprey Project - Tuning and Setup