First Arduino Clock Code

Tonight I hooked up the possibly completed clock movement to the Arduino and started to assemble the network fetching code with the servo movement code to actually make the clock be a clock.

I think I have the twelve locations that I want the clock to have. I chose all of the locations mentioned in the book along with a few of my own to round out twelve.

It turns out that the 30 degrees between clock points is almost exactly 10 degrees in the Arduino servo code when using these sail-winch servos. With the gearing I have in the clock I get a little more than 540 degrees out of each servo. I will eventually add some code that will make the servo move in the most optimum direction to get to the location. That'll have to be part of LOTS of other optimizing I will need to do to polish this thing up.

For now, I have a paper dial with the 12 locations and small zip ties for each of the five hands. Here's a sample pic:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V-22 Osprey Project - Tuning and Setup

V-22 Osprey Project - Design Changes for v3

V-22 Osprey Project - Flight Control