A non-clock post

I figure I should post something non-clock related.  One of my other hobbies is collecting firearms and target shooting.  It's a hobby at this point as I'm not shooting competitively yet, but I have wanted to build a target rifle and/or hunting rifle for some time.

I ran into a guy at my last range trip that was praising his Millett TRS scope.  I took a look at it and also liked it.  I also liked the price.  For $300 you get a 4-16x50mm scope with illuminated mil-dot reticle and other nice features.  I ordered one from Cheaper Than Dirt and it arrived very quickly.  I just ordered a mount for it from Wilson Combat.  I got the Accu-Riser scope mount for 30mm scopes.



My plan is to see if this will fit on my current AR15 carbine, and if so I should be able to play with it for a while.  If it won't fit (it's a large scope) I plan to get a new 20" upper and be able to switch out the carbine or rifle uppers at will.  Right now I'm leaning toward this one from Palmetto State Armory.

Eventually, I would like to get a new lower as well.  I either want to get the Magpul PRS stock or the CAA ARS stock.  Right now I'm leaning toward the CAA stock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V-22 Osprey Project - Design Changes for v3

V-22 Osprey Project - Flight Control

V-22 Osprey Project - Tuning and Setup