Improved Location Code

Tonight I worked quite a bit on the location code. I had started just to expand the list of known locations in the script, but that proved to be very long and probably not very efficient. I figured that adding the known location data into the MySQL database would provide an easier way to search for that data.
I also added a couple tables to the database. One is a simple username and location table for storing override data. When a user is not set to "GPS" it will turn the clock to the specified location instead of using the GPS data. This will be used quite a bit for testing and also in the iPhone App I want to write.
I also added a scheduling table for the kids. When the script runs it will check to see if there is a defined schedule for "now" and set the location according to the schedule.
The next thing I want to do with the code is to utilize the override table to attach the kids (who don't have phones) to a specific user. Now it's just hardcoded to my wife. I should be able to switch them back and forth as required.
Now that I have a functioning prototype I need to acquire a clock frame to put it all in and build the face and hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V-22 Osprey Project - Tuning and Setup

V-22 Osprey Project - Design Changes for v3

V-22 Osprey Project - Flight Control