Arduino Data Parsing

Tonight I started looking at having the Arduino parse the location output stored on the server. With the Ethernet shield on the Arduino I call a PHP script that fetches the last locations of each of the family members. That's great and all, but I need to get it down to a person and a location.
The Arduino is not Perl and has no regular expression capability or split functions, but it does have some string functions that might be useful. After poking around for the best solution, I found this forum where a guy was using an Arduino to parse NOAA XML weather data. His code worked like a champ, so I'm using it with some modification. I had to go back and alter my PHP script to output some XML formatted data, but that's a piece of cake.
Now I have two arrays in the Arduino. One for people, and one for locations that have been parsed from the data off the webserver.
Next up: how to translate that location data into physical servo locations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V-22 Osprey Project - Design Changes for v3

V-22 Osprey Project - Flight Control

V-22 Osprey Project - Tuning and Setup